Therapeutic Properties of Helichrysum Italicum
Our Helichrysum Italicum has a therapeutic grade, produced to the highest quality standards possible chosen for its integrity (all chemical constituents important for aromatherapy are intact), ecological 'soundness' and wonderful aromas.
The following properties may apply to your particular needs :
- Anti Spasmodic: Helps in relieving headaches, migraines, asthma, bronchitis and irritable bowels. Spasm, unbalanced or excessive contractions in the body. It may be in respiratory tracts, lungs, muscles, nerves and intestines and may result in severe coughs, breathlessness, cramps, convulsions and severe abdominal pains respectively.In extreme cases, spasm can also be fatal. So, it is always advisable to treat it at the very outset. Now here enters Helichrysum Essential Oil for your help. It is anti spasmodic and can give you quick relief in cases of spasm discussed above.
Viteligo : Vitiligo is a disease of skin pigments called melanin. Rather, it is a disease where there is a loss of skin pigment or color. Vitiligo affects about 2% of world population and close to 8% of Indian and Mexican populations. Vitiligo is not a serious disease, medically speaking. It's social significance is more than medical importance, as it does not cause any major harm to the body. Helichrysum Italicum has an important action against all skin issues and at such as beneficial effect on this issue.
Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis : They may be calmed with 1 to 3 % of Helichrysum in Hazelnut oil. It really makes it a valuable oil for any rash, acne, eczema, skin infection, dermatitis and other allergic conditions, spots, abscesses and boils, and it’s also helpful for burns and inflammation of any kind
Analgesic effects : mixing Helichrysum oil with a cream for sports-injury treatment may safely increase the analgesic effects for some people. The oil is well-tolerated, and no sensitivity should occur, though one should always be aware of their own body's reactions, and discontinue use if necessary. Otherwise, while it is hoped you are never in need of this oil's benefits in the first place, it may be worth a try - you could be surprised by the effectiveness of this aromatherapeutic treatment.
- Anti Coagulant: This is a very important and life saving feature of Helichrysum Essential Oil. It may be somewhat difficult to digest for those who think that being a haemostatic or styptic can only help because they can check haemorrhage. But let me tell you that an anti coagulant can be a bless for those who run the risk of heart attack due to thickening of blood due to high cholesterol content in it. It can immediately give relief in such a crisis by liquefying or thinning blood. These days, extensive research is going on to derive anti coagulants from natural substances (even saliva of mosquitoes and vampire bats is not spared), since heart diseases and cases of heart attacks are growing at an alarming rate.
- Anti Allergenic: This again, can save your quality of life. Now you must be thinking that I am exaggerating things too far and allergy is limited only to some rashes on skin and stomachache. You will be surprised to know that these are only external symptoms or expressions of allergy. Allergy first shows up in internal organs such as liver, spleen, lungs, respiratory tracts, intestines and even heart and in extreme cases may result in severe attacks of asthma, cardiac arrest, unbearable pain in stomach, convulsions and even death. So why risk life. Keep this oil within reach and use it without delay before visiting a doctor.
- Anti Microbial: Helichrysum Oil checks microbial growth and protects from microbial infections.
- Anti Septic: This oil does not let your wounds go septic. It can be safely applied on wounds, cuts, pricks etc.
- Anti Haematoma: The essential oil of Helichrysum helps clear the accumulation of bloods or blood clots which result from a haemorrhage. This can be very helpful to clear blood clots in brain after a brain haemorrhage. These clots often interfere with normal functioning of brain. This oil promotes dissolution or melting away of such clots.
- Anti Phlogistic: Helichrysum Essential Oil is effective in reducing inflammations resulting from fever, being an anti Phlogistic. This can help the patient to go less worn out and exhausted during a fever and it also aids fighting fever.
- Anti Inflammatory: Apart from giving relief in inflammations resulting from fever, this oil also gives relief from inflammations due to other causes and soothes body. Very effective in treating cuts, burns, infections and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Anti Tussive: This property is beneficial for those who are tired and exhausted of continuous coughing. Being an anti Tussive, Helichrysum Oil gives relief from coughs due to deposition of phlegm in the respiratory tracts as well as due to itchiness in throat caused by infections (cold etc.).
- Nervine: Helichrysum Oil is a nervine. It keeps your nervous system in order, strengthens it and protects it from disorders. A regular use can protect you from nervous disorders resulting from age and otherwise for a long time. You won’t go nervous over small issues.
- Cicatrisant: This property of Helichrysum Essential Oil makes your wounds and cuts heal up and scar marks disappear fast. It is equally effective on spots left on your skin by pox, boils etc. It is equally effective on spots left on your skin by pox, boils, etc.
- Expectorant: Helichrysum Essential Oil is also an expectorant. It gives warmth to the respiratory system, loosens deposition of phlegm in it and does not let new phlegm deposit. It gives relief from continuous cough and Febrifuge: Fever is not a disease in itself. It is just a symptom which shows that the immune system of our body is fighting against infections or unwanted substances. Thus, you will see, fever never comes alone. It always accompanies cold, viral infections, bacterial infections and infections on wounds, liver malfunctions, pox, boils, allergy or arthritis. Helichrysum Oil, simultaneously being an anti allergenic, anti microbial, anti inflammatory, anti tussive, cicatrisant, fungicidal and anti septic at a stretch, helps cure the root of fever and eventually reduces fever, thereby acting as a febrifuge. Burning helichrysum is also beneficial for bronchial conditions as it helps break up mucus and ease lung congestion. It is useful as an expectorant when gargled
- Cholagogue: Helichrysum Oil has Cholagogue properties, which means it promotes discharge of bile into stomach and helps neutralize acids, thereby promoting digestion, curing acidity and acidosis.
- Emollient: This property of Helichrysum Oil makes the skin smooth, soft and helps it retain moisture. It prevents dehydration and cracking of the skin.
- Mucolytic: Mucus helps keep all the internal tracts (larynx, pharynx, trachea, bronchi, food pipe, intestines etc.) moist and slippery and thereby protecting them from scratches and infections etc. Mucus is essential for the body and without this these tracts may suffer from sever wounds and infections. But problem occurs when it starts depositing and thickening in the respiratory system following any infection. Then it results in coughs, congestions etc. Being a Mucolytic, Helichrysum Oil promotes thinning of excess or hardened mucus through hydrolysis and its removal from the body along with excreta. This can effectively cure congestion and cough resulting from cold.
- Fungicidal: Fungal infections are some of the most dangerous types of infections. This oil prohibits and inhibits fungal infections effectively.
- Hepatic: Being a hepatic, this oil soothes liver, relieves it of inflammations, regulates its discharges, protects it from infections and keeps it healthy, active and strong. It stimulates the regeneration of liver cells. Di-ketones, which have a regenerative effect. Huge amounts of di-ketones are found in Helichrysum oil alone. However I am still researching into this aspect and I am waiting for medical back up on this. I will develop this section further in the months to come.
- Diuretic: It has diuretic properties, i.e. it promotes and facilitates urination, in frequency and in quantity, thereby helping removal of toxic substances from the blood through urine. Urination also helps in lowering blood pressure, losing weight by losing fat and improving digestion.
- Splenic: This property of Helichrysum Essential Oil can be very beneficial for the anemic people. Spleen is involved in the production and recycling of red blood cells. Having a healthy spleen means you never run short of blood and this oil keeps your spleen healthy and free from infections.
- Cytophylactic: Helichrysum Oil promotes cell health and also encourages recycling of dead cell and production of new cells. This helps in the growth of the body This property can be particularly beneficial for skin care, especially when used in rejuvenating facial oils. This property can be particularly beneficial for growing children or children who have obstructed growth.
- Relaxant and Anti-Depressant: Curbs negative emotions and stimulates positive thoughts and actions.
- Other Benefits: It detoxifies liver, relieves congestion, neutralizes effects of nicotine and caffeine and helps cure herpes, cystitis, arthritis, sinusitis, colitis, neuralgia and varicose veins. It has uplifting effects on mind and improves meridian flow.
- Powerful Bruise relief: For those really severe bruising you can apply the Helichrysum Italicum essential oil directly on the haematoma either in its pure form or diluted in a vegetable oil in a proportion of 5 to 10%, I find that apricot oil is really good but other people like rose hip oil. It’s a question of taste or in this case, smell.
- Anti-phlebitis: Stimulates the blood circulation and can treat old bruises therefore reliving skin tissue and can also be applied to scars, even old ones, phlebitis, varicose veins, oedema and blotches can be treated in an effective way with great results. It activates the arterial circulation and the micro computing blood circulation alleviating suffering in distressed skin tissue. It is particularly active against blood clots.
- Anticatarrhal, mucolityque (loosens bronchi): Helichrysum Italicum can be used very successfully as a bronchial expectorant which will elevate congestion. A few drops of this oil in either hot water or an inhaler will help to relieve and cure this uncomfortable ailment.
- Cholesterol : Regulates the cholesterol level A and B
- Healing and astringent cutaneous and desclerosant: A high proportion of anti-inflammatory sesquiterpene hydrocarbons. This compound disperses free radicals. The unique chemical composition of essential oils from individual plants provides the oil its healing features. For instance, Helichrysum essential oil is distilled from the Helichrysum Italicum flowers. The oil includes a very effective blend of compounds that are anti-inflammatory, anti-free-radical a very powerful anti-oxidant, a tissue regenerative, and anti-haematomata.
- Aroma therapeutic : Studies have revealed that the mere smelling of natural aromatic oils, such as Helichrysum essential oil, can help you to sleep better, focus better, improve your mood. All of these effects can have a positive effect on the athlete suffering from sports-related injuries. In fact it’s a great anti depressant. The unique chemical composition of essential oils from individual plants provides the oil its healing features. For instance, Helichrysum essential oil is distilled from the Helichrysum Italicum flowers. The oil includes a very effective blend of compounds that are anti-inflammatory, anti-free-radical anti-oxidant, tissue regenerative, and anti-haematomata a renowned active against blood clots.Use in a room diffuser and it will sooth the most fraught nerves and anyone with hyper tension can certainly benefit from this manner of treatment.
This plant can do so much and I’m sure that there will be further discoveries concerning its healing properties.
The Helichrysum Italicum can contains a fairly high level of Neryl Acetate, and has a high level of Sesquiterpene Hydrocarbons and Regenerative Diketones found in large quantities too. These main components contribute to reliving and curing the following different problems: It can relax and reduce tissues in the area of an injury. (Sports injuries treated immediately with Helichrysum works wonders).
A vital piece of info is that it treats injuries better than Arnica! It can also dissipate the free radicals responsible for wrinkles. This plants effect on the stratum corneum re pulps the extra matrices cells and is a natural anti ageing substance. Another major healing factor is its pain reducing capacities and it also has analgesic effects which are UNIQUE to Helichrysum. Which is why is used in sport injuries as it acts on pain relief.
Also Helichrysum Italicum resonates beautifully with the fourth, or heart chakra and because helichrysum is a flower that enjoys the sun, it is connected with the solar plexus energies